Summer Fete 2014
This year's Summer Fete will be held on Saturday 26th July, 11am - 4.00pm at Mossdale Meadows. This year we have the favourite events at the Fete including over 60 stalls, climbing wall, display area, sports and tug of war and the very popular Fun Family Dog Show. There will be plenty of food stalls and new to this years event, we have an animal roadshow and vintage organ plus much more! So come along with all the family and enjoy a brilliant day out!
Complete our Annual Report Survey - Free Prize Draw of £50 for first completed form to be randomly picked on 23rd August 2014
On publishing our Annual Report each year, the Council carries out a satisfaction survey with residents. Your comments can help us in making decisions on our services.
This year we are offering a Free Prize Draw of £50 for the first completed form to be randomly selected after the closing date.
Consultation on Access Bridge over M1
The construction of the access bridge over the M1 between Thorpe Astley and Lubbesthorpe is expected to take around 18 months to complete. A residents consultation in the form of Exhibitions will take place in August on the construction programme and how any impacts on residents will be minimised. Constuction vehicles are currently on site since the contractor is currently undertaking some soil sampling as part of finalising the construction programme proposals.
Help people grow their own Food: become a volunteer Master Gardener!
- Help people grow their own Food
Become a volunteer Master Gardener.
Get in touch today with Alison McGrath
Tel: 07584 343 847
- Details of Volunteer Master Gardener Scheme (PDF, 2.7 Mb)
- Master Gardener volunteer role and network summary (PDF, 402 Kb)
More local and community news ...
- Save a life – give blood (PDF, 103 Kb)
The next session at Braunstone Civic Centre is on Friday 18 July.
- Future of Library Services
Keep up to date with County Council proposals for changes to the Library Service, including Braunstone Town Library and with how Braunstone Town Council is working to ensure the Library Service retained in the future.
- Can the Alzheimer's Society help you or a loved one?
A diagnosis of dementia can come as a shock. Even if you have been half expecting it, this will be a worrying and upsetting time. It can also be hard for those close to you. You will all need a great deal of reassurance and support. However, there is much that you can do in the early stages that can help to make life easier and more enjoyable, both now and in the future. The Alzheimer's Society provide a range of support services including a memory advice service. Find out more on their website (http://www.alzheimers.org.uk) or by calling 01522 692681
or Email: email@example.com
- Healthwatch Leicestershire
Find local services to resolve your health and social care issues.
- Get involved and help support local people with sight loss
To find out more about volunteering at Vista, please call 0116 249 8843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Broadband Improvements - Stakeholder Meetings
- Find out how to stay Healthy with a free health check and by accessing resources and services
- Latest Crime Reduction and Neighbourhood Watch News
- Nominate your neighbourhood superstars
- Eyesore House to be given new lease of life
Town Council News
- French ceremony pays tribute to Second World War Heroes (Leicester Mercury 4/7/14)
- Town Council applies for access to footpath from Watergate Lane to Staplehurst Avenue to be restored
The Town Council has formally requested that the route be included on the official map of public rights of way.
- Town Mayors Awards Evening - 2nd May 2014
- Discounted Prices for Childrens Parties
REDUCED ROOM HIRE COSTS AT THORPE ASTLEY COMMUNITY CENTRE AND BRAUNSTONE CIVIC CENTRE FROM 1st MARCH – 31ST AUGUST 2014
- Parks & Open Spaces Maintained by Braunstone Town Council
- Images of Braunstone Town
Welcome to Braunstone Town Council's website - hopefully you will enjoy your time here. To find out more about Braunstone Town and the services provided by Braunstone Town Council, follow the links on the left hand column. We welcome comments from visitors and local residents. Please Click on 'Guestbook' in the left hand column if you choose to add your own message, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Mission Statement - We exist to ensure that local services and the environment reach the highest possible standards within the resources available for citizens, visitors and those who work in Braunstone Town; to provide a focus for civic pride; to listen, identify and respond to agreed local needs; and to help develop a strong, secure, self reliant, self confident community, free from unlawful discrimination. "Spectemur. Agendo" translates "Let us be Judged by Our Actions"
Braunstone Town Council is a Quality Town Council
FOR ROOM BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:-
Braunstone Civic Centre: 0116 2890045
Thorpe Astley Community Centre: 0116 2890704